Jaguar 6HP26 gen1
First generation ZF 6HP26 6-speed transmission in Jaguar models
X350 XJ/XJR, 2002.5 to 2009MY, 4.2L, 3.5L, 3.0L & 2.7L engines
X202 S-Type, 2002.5 to 2007MY, 4.2L, 3.0L, 2.7L & 2.5L engines
X103 XK8/XKR, 2003 to 2006MY, 4.2L engines
Transmission tuning is not just for performance; the overall driving experience is improved.
– faster, smoother shifts
– the transmission picks the gear you want
– complete torque converter lockup improves highway economy
– raised torque limiters so you can get all the power to the wheels.
Honestly, these first-generation 6HP26 have a pretty woeful factory calibration; slow lazy shifts, a dull kickdown strategy, some bizarre torque limiters, and worst of all, a lot of programmed slip (as in programmed wear). There were some major changes to the software for the 2006MY in the XJ and S-Type, which solved some of these issues, but the earlier cars, XJ/XJR, S-Type and the XK8/XKR, were left with no updates.
Have you ever wondered why a 2005 XJR is so much slower than a 2006 XJR? It’s not just the updated engine management, a LOT of it has to do with the transmission calibration.
If you are getting one of these 6HP26 rebuilt, then a transmission tune is a must. we can also properly reset adaptations so the rebuilt box shifts smoothly immediately.
NOTE: As of April 2022, we are only able to flash/tune these transmissions with the TCM on the bench (module removed from transmission case). Currently not possible via OBD.
Transmission tunes can be applied in several ways;
– bring your vehicle to one of our locations to be flashed with our equipment
– list of locations HERE
– purchase your own PCMflash dongle & license, and use your own J2534 interface
– information regarding PCMflash HERE
– ship us your TCM and we will flash it on the bench
– contact us for shipping information HERE
There are no reviews yet.